Friday, October 26, 2007

Dealing with the Dermatologist...

...or lack thereof.

I was scheduled to have an appointment with my dermatologist this week. As I mentioned in previous posts, my skin lashed out at me for using one of the gels that my doctor prescribed for me - Benzaclin. It hasn't been fun though my skin has calmed down since I stopped using it. Of course, I am still experiencing the occasionally burning sensation underneath my eyes and some dry patches. It is worthy enough to see a dermatologist, in my humble opinion.

Earlier in the week, I received a call from my dermatologist's office. The doctor is ill, according to the receptionist, and I have to reschedule. Here is how our conversation went:

R - "The next appointment available is on December 17th at 1:45pm."

Me - "Unfortunately, I won't be in town around that time."

R - "How about December 18th at 2:30?"

Me - "No, I will be away for Christmas. Out of town."

R - "Okay. How about December 19th?"

Me - "No. I won't be in town. I will be home for Christmas, out of province. I will not be in Montreal then."

We then decided on a date in January even though I'm just thinking about getting referred to a different dermatologist altogether. I then asked about using Benzaclin and the other gels as when they called to tell me to quit using them, they spoke to my partner who is terrible at taking messages.

She told me, "Ohhh, well...you'll have to ask your doctor about that."

Jeez, that's what I'm trying to do for crying out loud! So yeah, no appointment 'til January. Yet another successful appointment, or lack thereof, with my dermatologist.

Tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home