Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Messing with Hormones?

A long time ago, I saw an endocrinologist who told me that my hormones were imbalanced. I was a teenager and I was trying to get my acne under control. It was at the final straw, as far as seeing doctors went, and she told me that the only way that I can have clear skin is to go on birth control pills and Accutane.

Well, I was fifteen or so and still a virgin. I wasn't having sex and I didn't want to mess up my already mildly messed up hormones even more so. I still believe this, for myself. I refuse to go on the pill. I don't pass judgment on others who wish to go on the pill but it's just not something that I feel good about. I feel that if I am this way - slightly hormonally imbalanced, slightly emotional, and with now slight skin problems - then I am meant to be this way. We have become to easily convinced to go on pills and medications and I don't want to be a walking pharmacy. It's just something I don't believe in and that includes messing around with hormones unless it's completely needed. For example, like my thyroid medication.

As I was reading articles online about hormones, I came across this site advertising progesterone creams. Now, it says that these are natural progesterone creams but it still kind of gives me a hesitant feeling inside. Sure enough, the ingredients are pretty natural as natural goes. I'm suspicious though, I wonder if it's like a dealer in snake oil. Will this actually work for people who suffer with terrible hormonal imbalance or is it just another phony skincare line designed to take your money? At least the cost is pretty low.

Maybe I am simply not in the position to pass judgment. I don't have severe PMS nor am I menopausal. I cannot relate nor do I actually need to use a progesterone cream to control my nasty hormones. However, I would love to hear what you have to think about this cream. Especially, if you are a user of it! I'm curious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home