Saturday, April 21, 2007

My Top 5 Beauty Picks!

I'm a gal who loves her cosmetics and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I use cosmetics daily. I love to buy and browse at cosmetics counters. I have worked in the beauty industry. Nothing makes me happier than playing around with cosmetics - on myself and on others.

There are many products that I use on a daily basis and there are those that I use every so often. Here are my top five beauty products that I swear by, in no particular order.

1) L'Oreal Lineur Intense
I've been using liquid eyeliner for over half my life. I have used many different kinds and I have always been drawn back, no pun intended, to this particular brand. This product offers great control and a crisp line. It can be applied minimally or for more dramatic looks. It is long lasting, throughout the day and even a rainstorm! It applies and removes easily. It doesn't cost a lot and the product itself lasts a long time.

2) MAC concealer
I used to work at MAC Cosmetics but I discovered this concealer long before my career there. It comes in a handy pot. It can be applied gently with a fingertip or a firm brush. It provides excellent coverage without looking too heavy. There are many different shades for all different skin tone types. It lasts a long time so you won't have to go out a buy a new concealer every month. A little goes a long way with this product.

3) MAC Russian Red Lipstick
My look is dramatic, even on the most plainest of days. I appreciate a true red lipstick - one that screams sexy and sophisticated. If you are looking for a true, vibrant red, this is your best bet. The color is pure and applies perfectly. It doesn't bleed like most dramatic lipsticks. It is long lasting to create that red-hot look your lips deserve.

4) Avon Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion
Why spend all that money you could be spending on red-hot lipsticks and crisp eyeliners on an eye makeup remover? Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion is an excellent product. It's very cheap. It removes eye makeup perfectly, without stinging your eyes or causing redness. It lasts a long time. As well, Avon often offers this product on special so you'll save a good chunk of money you could be spending elsewhere.

5) MAC Eyepaint
I love MAC's line of eyepaints. I am disappointed that they discontinued many of the more dramatic colors in this line. However, if you want more natural and neutral tones - they have a grand selection. MAC Eyepaints are a cream-based shadow that can be applied directly to your eyelids. I've always been leery of cream shadows as they crease very easily after application. This one, however, does not crease. It is extremely long lasting, even when you apply a regular powder shadow in the crease of your eyelid. The colors are brilliant, with a slight shimmer. I am a fan of Pixel Eyepaint. It's a light white shimmery shadow that brightens your eyes without looking heavy or made-up. It comes in a handy tube (much like watercolor paints!) that lasts a long time. As well, it is also accepted in MAC's recycling program.


Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home