Thursday, April 19, 2007

Minerals

I'm always looking out for new cosmetics. Of course, I don't necessarily have the money for it but I like to look and I like to try! Lately, I've had champagne tastes on a beer budget. I think that's how the saying goes, anyhow.

Last year, my online friend from Oklahoma came up to stay with us. She showed me some of her super fun cosmetics that she got at a beauty mall (we don't really have them up here in Canada). Anyway, she told me all about her foundation/powder. I don't really feel comfortable calling it a powder foundation but it's along those lines. I was impressed at how perfect it looked and how long it lasted. She was shine-free. Her skin looked flawless even though she spent the entire weekend drunk, haha. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of this product! I should really ask her about it. I'm interested in trying it.

I got a heads-up from my sponsor (I feel funny writing that) about a new informercial that will be airing soon. It looks much like the powder/foundation that my friend had. It's called Naked Minerals. Call me dirty but I kinda like the name, heh! It looks interesting. Instead of the typical powder/foundation, it is a pressed mineral makeup. What's cool is that it comes in a shade of African-American women too. Anyway, I wish they could give me a free sample of the stuff to brag at as the only thing that totally throws me off from using this mineral makeup is the price. Yikes! By the way, the company also makes a colon cleaning product called "Almighty Cleanse". I don't know why, but it makes me laugh.

Anyway, has anyone ever used any mineral products before? If so, tell me all about it!


Tags: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Dilly said...

I have used two different brands - Bare Naturale by L'Oreal and the US famous Bare Escentuals brand that was known for home shopping channels and infomercials, but is now available at Sephora.

I used them off and on... I find they sometimes look too made up, sometimes make my skin itch, and though they claim not to, seem to make my dry winter skin look and feel even more dry.

I have never broken out from the stuff, the coverage is far more natural than piling on layers of concealer and foundation, and the price is ghastly, until you see how long it lasts (if you are careful and it doesn't all spill down the sink). it also lasts super long, like through a night at a dance club, that well.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Miri said...

Hi there, just wanted to let you know that if you want to try Naked Minerals and the price threw you off (though as dilly wrote above, once you see how long it lasts, the price is not that high), now's the time. For a limited time it is now possible to get the Naked Minerals Foundation + a spa quality handmade Kabuki brush for free - you pay only for the shipping and handling. And there are other great offers for those willing to spend a little more.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Hi Miri,
Oh...I'm not that concerned about price, especially if it lasts a good time! I'm totally willing to spend money on products that I am satisfied with. I am just hesitant to spend the money in case I don't like it!

Thank you for the heads-up on the offer! :)

~Linda

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home