Saturday, March 24, 2007

Surfin' Around

Ah, the Make-Up Mistress is tragically suffering from a headache today. Aunt Flow has hit with a vengence this time around, making me cranky and making my head pound and helping me feel like a walking balloon. I have another Saturday off and I had plans of writing an interesting blog about the new products I have tried and fun makeup techniques I have playing with. Alas, my head feels like a two-ton heavy thing.

Instead, I was searching about the web for interesting websites for women. I came across a site called WomanSavers. I was hoping to find some makeup advice, tips, and information. You know, a site that brings women together in many aspects.

What I discovered was that the website's motto is "research and rate B4U date". They are, apparently, the leader in online men's database ratings since 2003. It is to help other women with dating - primarily, warning other women before they date your ex. I don't really know what to think of this.

I have ex, just like everyone else, that I think should come with a warning label. It would say something like - "Proceed with Caution" or "Danger!" (in a 1950's robot voice). I'm not sure, however, if I would go to the extreme to post their photograph and write a blurb about the horrors of dating him. To each their own, I suppose.

I was curious. I did a search people I knew and I felt a bit strange doing so. My search came up empty and I'm kind of glad. I like to think that there is some good in everyone and maybe my experience was just one simple shitty time, moving us forward to become better people to ourselves and the people we spend time with.

A good thing about this website is that they do have helpful intentions. All the money made from this particular website is donated to charities that help abused women and children. I think that aspect is great - I just don't know what to think of the website in general.

What do you think? I'm curious to see what other woman think of this website. Do you think it is a good thing or a negative thing to have available on the internet?


Tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home