Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Applying Avon's Sparkle N' Shine Eyeliner - An Evening Look

As I previously mentioned and reviewed, I have been playing around with a new makeup product over the last few days. I'm going to show it off, even though the photographs don't do it justice whatsoever! I keep reminding myself, it's all in the name of fun! Even though my eyes are oddly puffy in these photos...



Over a naked eyelid, I moderately applied MAC's Pixel eyepaint. I think I am addicted to this stuff, as it is literally crease-proof - even at the end of a long, long day. It adds a little shimmer to your eye without overdoing it.



With a fluffy brush, I applied MAC's Electra eyeshadow. I'm a fan of MAC shadows and lipsticks - I used to work there so I have all these products I am slowly using up. It's a nice silvery shadow, that can be applied too thickly if not careful (it will look too chocky, otherwise).



With another fluffier brush, I blended the silvery eyeshadow with MAC's Krisp eyeshadow towards the brow bone. You can't really see the difference here but it smoothes out darker silver.


I then applied Avon's Sparkle N' Shine liquid eyeliner close to the eyelashes - as I normally would with black liquid eyeliner. It's unfortunate that I could not truly capture what it looked like in "real life" - but you could see the glimmer, I swear! And yes, I do have eyelashes. They are just really small and light. Sigh.



My eyelashes are certainly not my strong beauty point even with the application of mascara. However, you make use with what you got - I applied a coat of mascara to make my eyelashes a little less puny and for my eyes to jump out a little more (or a small hop, since they are so little!).



I added a little sweep of MAC's Print eyeshadow to the crease as I felt I did not look dramatic enough and my eyes seemed a little tired without the look of black liquid liner. I was probably just being paranoid! As well, I applied a second coat of the Avon sparkly eyeliner.



Ah, the completed eye with eyebrows filled in. I wish you could see how pretty the Avon eyeliner actually is. You'll just have to take my word for it and forgive me for the lacklustre photos!



The finished look! I think this makes for a lovely eye, especially for a night out on the town. The silver glimmer brightens up the eye and would add a fancy touch with a great outfit. It's not too dramatic, just subtle. I suggest wearing a more dramatic lipstick for a smashing look! Personally, I would choose a darker red lipstick - but that's just me. I would opt for MAC's Cherry lipliner covered in MAC's Diva lipstick, applied with a lipstick brush.

Give Avon's Sparkle N' Shine liquid eyeliner a try today! It's seriously inexpensive so even if you don't like it, you won't hate yourself for wasting money on something that broke your bank.


Tags: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home