Monday, July 31, 2006

L'Oreal Lineur Intense Defining Liquid Liner


I've been using liquid eyeliner ever since I was 13 years old and an aspiring headbanger. You see, my sister was this crazy rocker with big bleached hair and eyes lined in electric blue liquid liner. Being the little bratty sister I was (and probably still am), I bought myself a bottle and began to practise. Needless to say, I'm glad I grew out of that phase of teased out hair and electric blue eyeliner.

I didn't grow out of liquid eyeliner though. In fact, it was just the beginning of a love affair! For many years, I practised and perfected the precise liquid line. I tried many product lines, in search of the ideal liner tip. I became a little disgruntled at the lack of good products, even though I realize it was all about your own personal preferences. I hated the marker type felt tip. Too many products ran out so quickly when you use them on a daily basis. The lines weren't intense and crisp enough. Even with the steadiest hand, you could not get a very fine line. Even with the pricier, department store counter brands didn't satisfy me.

And then I found L'Oreal's Lineur Intense Defining Liquid Liner. My beauty saviour!

You know, every so often you find that product. That amazing product that you hope will never go off the market by being discontinued. That product you mention when somebody asks you if you had to take any makeup product on a desert island, what would it be? I would say L'Oreal's Lineur Intense Defining Liquid Liner. This is one on my most relied on product and it has never let me down.

There are many benefits to this great liner. First of all, the liner brush tip is not a marker type felt tip. It is a small brush. With a little practise, you can achieve both a very fine line or a dramatic thicker line - depending on how sassy you feel. You have complete control when you use this brush.

The eyeliner itself is very intense. The line is crisp and perfect. The color will not become see through by the end of the day, nor will it leave it's mark on your eyelid. It's long lasting and you can't say that about many pencil liners or powder liners. This liner is perfect for achieving that fun and retro 50's makeup look or that darker gothic eye or even that professional, classic lined eye. It's very versatile.

As well, I live in snowy Canada. I've been caught in the rain and blustery snowy days. Yet, the eyeliner has completely stayed on! I've had PMS monster outbursts and I didn't have raccoon eyes! Yet, at the end of the night it comes off very easily with a great eye makeup remover. It is apparently great for sensitive eyes and safe for contact lens wearers.

I can't emphasize this enough - this is an amazing, must-have product. If you are new to liquid liners, give it a little time. Practise makes perfect!


Tags: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Dilly Dilly said...

I have used this liner and agree at how great it is! And like you, I am a loyal fan of good stuff that WORKS. L'Oreal and Maybelline's Ultra Liner beat out Chanel and MAC and all the other high-end brands. I am also a big fan of the mini brush - I find it FAR easier to handle!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Elle said...

Oh...how I love this product! And I'm glad that someone else agrees with me! :)

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Tracy Lee said...

Intense no more...

I was just at the drug store yesterday, they informed me that Loreal is dis-continuing this line of liquid liner and replacing it with a *USELESS* angled tip marker.

HIGHLY reluctant, I purchased the marker, and to my expectations, it was a piece of shit...

Oh my god, I am lost!! That liner was my secret weapon!

ARGH!!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Tracy-Lee!
You just broke my heart! Haha...well, I guess L'Oreal did. Jerks.

This is actually my worst make-up nightmares. Of course, there are other important things in the world to be outraged about...but take away my favorite liquid liner in the world? COME ON! Grr...

If I was nuts enough, I'd get a petition going. Sigh...

Any suggestions on a new liner? Anyone???

Linda

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Tracy Lee said...

Hang on a sec....Maybe I was over-reacting....Maybe not.

I'm not sure how much faith to put in that information I was told by the woman at the drug store...but since then, I have gone looking for information online to see if it's true that they are ending this product line.

I found no such information yet. But I did find a LOT of people that feel the same way we do... All the reviews I read had many people praising this liner and the soft felt tip.

Whoever thought that it was a good idea to replace this product clearly did not consult the legions of loyal users.

During my search, I also found an ebay seller that was selling them for $5 US / tube!! (All colors)

So in my fear of never seeing these liners again, I bought eight of them. :)

I hope they don't dry out before I get a chance to use them all!

In the meantime, I went to another Shoppers Drug mart and guess what? Not only did they have them in stock, but they also had the Carbon Black version (which I had never seen before a couple of weeks ago)

Now here's what's odd about this; on the packaging it clearly states *NEW*!

Huh??

10:20 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Tracy-Lee!

Oooh...Carbon Black? I wonder if our crazy Quebec pharmacies have that there???

So, I've decided to put my foot down and get down to the nitty gritty of this liquid eye liner situation of ours. I went to the website and jotted down the number for Loreal. And, oh yes, I will call them on Monday morning! Let's see what they have to say about this fiasco - is the rumour true!? Tune in! :P

If all else fails and the rumour is true, I'll be forced to buy them on eBay too! Haha....

I'll let you know what I find out and maybe in a new post so I don't have to search for this entry whenever you comment!

~Linda

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home